Read Aloud America
RAP - The Read Aloud
RAP 2019-20 Schedule
RAP Photo albums & videos
Why RAP Works
Goals and Benefits
RAP Attendance Stats
Read Aloud Tips
RAA In the News
Links to More Information
Please send an email to
Contribute to RAA
RAA Program Director
Joanne Laird if you or your
school would like to receive our
monthly Family Newsletter and
Annual Reading List
National School Community Presentations
Jed Gaines, founder and president of Read Aloud America, visits schools nationwide. Jed will visit your school community for one week and present a 4-part program for faculty and staff, parents and community members, and students.
- School faculty/staff presentations are scheduled after school
- Parent/community events take place in the early evening
- Student visits are conducted in classrooms during the school day
- A roundtable meeting with school staff, administrators, and community members is scheduled at the convenience of participants.
Click here to read the SFUSD Harvey Milk School letter following a presentation at their School.
*You must have Adobe Acrobat� to view this document.
Download this application if you don't already have it.
Presentation and Class Schedule
Faculty and Staff - 1 hour
Parents/Community Presentation - 90 minutes
Roundtable - 2 hours
Grades K-2: 30-45 minutes, 25 students max.
Grades 3-8: 50-60 minutes, 35 students max.
Presentation Package includes:
- Faculty/staff presentation
- Parent/community presentation
- 4 classroom visits
- one roundtable meeting
- handout masters
- travel costs
- per diem expenses